Thursday, February 16, 2012

Hi, It's Molly again...

All I can say today is... OUCH! Who knew that there was so much work to be done in me? Ok, don't answer that. It was completely hypothetical. But really all this time all I needed was a limited menu and bland food to bring to light all my idols and perfectly disguised sins. Sounds simple enough but why does it happen to be so painful?

Here's how it all went down. I am being super transparent now people so don't judge me! Last night as I am checking email(insert idol), reading blogs(insert idol), checking Facebook(insert idol), you get the picture. I am overwhelmed with a sense of discontentment and quite frankly, envy. Suppressing the inner nagging voice.. or otherwise affectionately known as the "Holy Spirit" I continued on with my night time rituals and went off to bed. Sleep came quick and morning came even quicker along with the overwhelming heaviness on my heart. Immediately God speaks to me.. I'm serious. Literally says "Molly, get on your face and repent!" So I obey. Because that is what you do when God calls you out. And He began to reveal the truth behind my envy and discontentment.

Time out... I know this is alarming and somewhat gross but it gets better, wait for it...

At this point I began to realize that the really messed up thing is, what I was longing for was not name brand purses, sports car, or the perfect body. It was the peace I read in the words of other believers, the excitement I hear in the voices of people who are experiencing God sized answered prayers, the walk I see in my fellow sisters as if they are levitating before my eyes. And all along Jesus is pursuing me relentlessly because He wants more of me. He wants to bless me with more of Him. But, sadly I've been too distracted to notice the intimate relationship that my Savior longs to share with me.

Yes, He and I are close. No denying He is my first love.. But He wants to be more. And as I wept this morning with the realization of what I long for most in this world, He is waiting to lavish exactly that on me if only I'll make room for it. Here we go..... pruning the weeds and overgrowth of the American Dream to inherit the Kingdom of God here and now!

Truth really does hurt. But, brings so much freedom.

2 comments:

  1. Wow Molly. I like the bottom line. Pruning hurts but for the inheritance, its worth it (I am saying this to myself). You are right and I appreciate your openness so that we may all learn through you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your transparency is one of the things I have always loved most about you my friend! You inspire me to do big great things for Jesus! God is using you in great ways and don't ever let satan tell you otherwise! I love you!

    ReplyDelete